CWDM SOLUTIONS FOR SPECTRAL MULTIPLEXING IN OPTICAL NETWORKS
Multiplex Ltd. offers solutions for spectral multiplexing in optical transmission systems, based on passive CWDM technology. These solutions are compatible with the modern active network equipment and allow multiplexing of different traffic flows like 10/100/1000/10G Ethernet, SDH (STM 1/4/16), ATM, ESCON, Fibre Channel, FTTx and CATV over one or two optical fibers.
The main elements of our CWDM systems include :
- CWDM multiplexers (MUX / DEMUX),
- CWDM OADM- modules (Optical add-drop multiplexer)
- CWDM SFP- transceivers ;
- CWDM media-converters .
We use different CWDM multiplexers, which can support up to 18 optical signals on a pair of optical fibers or up to 9 optical signals on а single optical fiber. In our projects we implement different types of CWDM equipment that are designed to support a broad range of network topologies, ranging from scalable point-to-point links to single or dual fiber protected rings.
The main features of the proposed CWDM equipment are:
- Passive CWDM MUX/DEMUX with 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 16 or 18 channels
- Compliant to ITU-T G.694.2 CWDM standard or G.695
- Optional extension and wide band ports for network upgrade, existing equipment or add-and-drop
- Up to 10 Gbit/s per channel
- Fully transparent to all data rates and protocols
- Various housing types